Custom Website design services and website hosting are available.
As a software engineer, I'm able to provide programming services
for e-commerce sites such as shopping carts and dynamically generated
pages. Databases may be used to manage large catalogs, calendars,
discussion groups, or image galleries if these are needed for
your site. I can also provide the basics if that's all you need.
Rebecca with your site requirements for an estimate.
Websites I've built for myself or others, some are paid projects others
are volunteer efforts.
- Plant Delights Nursery
- My favorite site, perhaps because it was one of my first.
It features a shopping cart with secure server,
a database for catalog generation which the client can access
to keep availabity up to date and which allows catalog searches.
This site serves over 10,000 pages requests and transfers over
600 Mbytes of data per day. The on-line catalog has over
1000 items and is completely redone twice each year. In addition,
the site includes thousands of images and a great deal of
educational information provided by the site's owner, Tony Avent.
A webcam and a virtual garden tour are in the planning states.
- White Hat Group
- Private investigations team of Chris Morgan and Ralph Strickland in Raleigh, NC.
- Region 15 Summer 2004 Meeting
- It's over now, but you can still enjoy the site.
- Vole Control
- A Bait Station System for eliminating pine voles that destroy landscape plants.
- Plant Safari
- A California Nursery
with some amazingly cool plants, many of which are too tender for me
to grow. Site design incorporates page layout
designed by the client's graphic artist.
- Home Reporter Systems
- Everything you need to start a home inspection business.
- Dragonfly Hill Daylilies
- Daylilies offered for mailorder and local sales, featuring Daylily and Garden Galleries with hundreds of images from the owner's garden. Site is designed to be updateable by the site owner.
- Pender Nursery
- A wholesale nursery with an amazing selection serving NC and surrounding areas.
- Start A Nursery
- A companion to Tony Avent's book So You Want to Start A Nursery
with links to sources of information and supplies helpful to
someone starting in the nursery industry.
- Pratt School of Engineering at Duke University (2001-2003)
- This site featured a database
which dynamically generates many of the pages in the site. The
news and events pages are generated on demand to be as up to date
as possible. The Pratt Press newsletter is generated by a script
after the content is entered
into the database. An interface is provided to Pratt so that
the staff can make the most frequest updates without needing
webmaster assistance. Server side includes are employed to
ensure subnavigation menus match on all pages in each section.
- Computational and Applied Genomics Program at Duke University (2002-2004)
- This was a small site that
had to be put together very quickly. It featured a dropdown menu.
Stock photography was located and modified and a matching texture
pattern created to accent the site as no images were available from the
- The Department of Electrical and
Computer Engineering at Duke University (2002-2005)
Parts of the new site are still based on the work I did, but most of
it has been replaced by an in-house webmaster.
- Cyberlily Gardens
- The site you
are at now. The site includes a shopping cart, an on-line searchable
database of daylilies, both a simple style of image gallery and a much
more advanced one, and over 1400 of my own photos. Being my own site,
it's usually the most out of date.
- Holly Hill Daylily Farm and
Chatham Wholesale Daylilies
- Jim's one of the people who got me into daylilies. He only sells wholesale
and at the garden, so he needed something to convey open garden
dates and current promotions to customers and potential customers in
the local area and the current availabity for wholesale orders.
- Greg Piotrowski
- I made this site for my friend to showcase his hybridizing program.
- Betts' Daylily Robin Trademart
- is a private site accessable
by invitation only. All pages in the site except the entry page
are dynamically generated. Forms are provided for users to enter
and edit their data, and database queries display current data.
A very utilitarian site.
- The opening
page of this site is maintained by Sue Bergeron, though I host
several of her images as Sue's server disk space is limited.
I built and maintain the on-line daylily rust survey. Users
may take two surveys related to daylily rust. Data submitted
is automatically recorded in a database. All data from the
cultivar survey is combined and the results are available when
a sufficient number of reports are available. The full data set
is available to those actively researching daylily rust. The
rust survey is supported by the American Hemerocallis Society
Committee on Scientific Studies.
- Bannoche Gardens
- Former nursery in Tennesee owned by a waterlily hybridizer.
- Iron Gate Gardens
- The daylily introductions of Van Sellers and Victor Santa Lucia.
- AHS Region 15
- Now both the official website for the region as well as the
companion pages created to support and promote Region 15
of the American Hemerocallis Society. There are galleries
of region 15 hybridizers and region 15 display gardens,
and there's an event calendar for region 15 clubs and
discussion forum. A work in progress... Most of the club
sites in the region are hosted with the companion and share
the regional calendar.
- Downing Creek
- Community pages for the neighborhood of Downing Creek.
If you need a hosting company for your website I recommend Pair Networks.
I can arrange this hosting for you along with your website design, or
you can purchase the hosting directly from me with a maintence package
for your site. Hosting costs vary with the complexity of the site.
If you need assistance with images for your site, I'm willing to help
with custom photograhy or with locating stock photos. I have a nice
library of botanic photos which are also available.
When the web was smaller, it was easy to get a good search engine
ranking. With more sites, there's now a lot more competition
for the choice positions. Most commerical sites should consider
additional forms of advertizing and announcements to get the word
out about their site. Still, there are things you can do to
get higher rankings, and I can work with you to optimize your
site for specific searches.